Jim began his career in the financial services business in 1971 as an agent for the Prudential Insurance Co. Eventually he joined the Northwestern Mutual Life as a Special Agent and started to work in the area of more advanced markets such as Retirement and Estate Planning.
In time he became independent and started his own company and evolved into financial planning in order to deliver a more complete value to those in whom he served. What he became aware of was the lack of not only discussion but understanding concerning the challenges and very specific risks retiree’s would be facing while drawing down on their portfolios during market downturns such as those in 2000-2002 and 2008 etc.
Seeking not only knowledge he pursued a deeper understanding of these risks. Now,entering it’s eighth year, Jim and Co. have held the Financial and Retirement Income Planning workshop at Bryant University which is a comprehensive educational, none product experience that addresses the most crucial and severe problems one can face concerning developing and maximizing identifiable and sustainable income well over one or more life expectancy’s.
Jim is the husband of Angela Speights, his best friend and partner for life, and the two have been married for 50 yrs. They are the blessed and proud parents of five incredible children, eight grandchildren and one wonderful great grandson. Papa as he is known around the ranch is most happy when Angie, the kids, and he, are sitting around talking and laughing at the big table, spending time at the beaches in Narragansett where they live, or visiting their eldest son and family in Colorado.
Born in Providence, RI and son of a migrant worker from Oklahoma, and a wonderful mother who’s family immigrated from Italy, Jim served honorably in the United States Army in Vietnam from September 1965 to September 1966.
- Pension and Investment Fund Management Course, The Wharton School.
- Will prepare for CIMA, Certified Investment Management Analyst in 2018 at The Wharton School.
- American College Chfc courses
- Member, Society of Financial Professionals.
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
- Member, American Jujitsu Institute, Wahhiawa, Hawaii, Kodenkan Danzen Ryu Jujitsu.
- Chief Instructor, Three Waters River School in Narragansett, RI. Actively teaching Hawaiian Kempo, Karate & JuJutsu. Time in art, 35 years